Monday, September 14, 2015

Find Out What Makes a Courteous Pooper

There are a very few things that happen behind closed doors in this mommy’s home.  Sadly using the washroom is not one of them.  Even before kids my husband and I were prone to leaving the washroom door ajar.  It was never an issue, however.  We were respectful of each other’s privacy and knew when to stay away.

Then along came children.  Although the number of persons within our home changed, sadly my husband and I’s habits did not.  Even when in use the washroom door continued to remain ajar.  As all parents can attest to, little eyes and little ears see and hear everything no matter how cautious or discreet you try to be. 

Stinky SkunkThat being said, the kids soon realized that when dad took a poop it stunk.  And when dad pooped he let it sit in the toilet until the stench permeated the air around him and wafted out into and down the hall.  The kids also realized that this habit of dad’s drove mommy crazy.  And although mommy nicely asked him to flush the toilet, daddy’s answer was always NO.  NO because he didn’t like that the water splashed up and sprayed his bum.

When the kids started copying me and telling daddy to flush, I admit that I found it amusing.  The day my son started mimicking my washroom behavior, however, I admit that I was a little taken aback.

“My tummy hurts,” my son said one day.

There’s usually two things that cause that to happen and so I asked him if he needed to either a) fart or b) poop.

“No,” he replied to both options.

There wasn’t much else I could do.  So I suggested that if his tummy was still hurting perhaps he should lay down and rest.  Shortly, thereafter, I noticed that my son had left the couch and gone to the washroom.

Out the open door I heard him call, “Mom I know why my tummy hurt.  I had to poop and then I had to fart.” 

Wonderful news!  I was hopeful that all of that lower-body activity would soon alleviate his pains.

“And mom,” my son shouted again, “I’m following what you do.  I poop then I flush the toilet and then I try and poop again.”

Well you could have picked the mommy up off of the floor!  Why I was surprised that he was aware of my washroom habits I’m not sure.  But in the end it really didn’t matter, as he had just provided me with the laugh that I desperately needed.  And the truth be told, my son’s future roommates, co-workers, partners, spouses etc. will always have his mommy to thank for why he’s such a courteous pooper.

Happy flushing!

No comments:

Post a Comment